The Omicron Chapter of Beta Phi Mu is holding a special election to fill the position of Vice President. The term for the position is effective February 1, 2020 through the annual Spring chapter meeting (date TBD), at which time the Vice President will take over the position and duties of President for one year.
Duties of the Vice President include:
- Assist in maintaining the website
- Assist in writing annual newsletter and updating membership/scholarship forms
- Electronically receives scholarship applications; distributes applications to Board Members; organizes the voting/selection of recipients
- Attend in-person and web-based Board Meetings to prepare for Spring meeting and annual newsletter
Nominations for the position should be emailed to chapter President Meaghan Darling by Friday, January 24. Members can self-nominate. Nominees and those voting must be members in good standing.
Special Election Timeline:
- January 13 – Election Announcement and Nomination Period open
- January 24 – Nomination Period closes
- January 27 – Ballot sent to membership and electronic election begins
- January 31 at 5pm – Election closes and results announced
Please consider volunteering for this service opportunity! Contact chapter President Meaghan Darling at meaghandarling AT gmail DOT com with any questions and/or to indicate your interest in having your name included on the ballot.